Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Video 2 Post Production

I can definitely say that this time around, things were a whole lot smoother with my new best friend, Final Cut Pro. Using iMovie was like using a Phillips-head screwdriver for a regular screw. I enjoyed the editing process far more this time and can see the benefits of being both cameraman and editor. I can't wait to shoot my next video (early this time, next week!) and further sharpen my editing skills. I definitely need more lessons on FC, but I feel like I gained so much already by using it instead of iMovie.

I still need to come up with an opening sequence, but my mind is blank as usual. Now I need to focus on camera and lighting techniques. My skills are definitely lacking in that area and I need to reread some of the class materials to make sure I'm fully prepared for next week's Video#3 shoot.

No comments: