Thursday, September 20, 2007

The First Time....

Well the first time was tough. I enjoyed the process, but I think a couple things made it really difficult and more tedious and less enjoyable than it should've been:

  • last minute shooting/editing (2 days before due date!)
  • using imovie instead of final cut pro
  • bad location; well the location was good, but the weather was better earlier in the morning. I should've planned a bit better.
I'm definitely going to do things a lot differently, particularly when it comes to the women I'll be interviewing:
  • prep each person, send them a couple of sample questions and what kind of things they should expect to talk about, so their answers are a little more concise and straightforward
  • try to incorporate more shots, so it's not just one static location
  • use b-roll effectively; use voiceover each photo and/or text to support the narrative
  • location, location, location: I'd like to use a better location for each video going forward

No comments: